Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

Kastor Chronicles 1: The Forge of Dawn

Kastor Chronicles 1: The Forge of Dawn - Jesse Hajicek,  Jumping Jack Flash No. No, no, no, no, NO. I DON'T GIVE A CRAP THAT THE WORLD WAS SAVED WHO GIVES A FUCK THE LET THE WORLD BURN NOOOO KASTOR, MIKAH, WWWHHHYYYYYY???

This story has no HEA, and a there's major character death. None at all. I don't care that the world was saved and whatnot and all that pizzazz none of it is worth anything because there is no happy ending for the romance and the world, as far as I'm concerned, can go fuck itself.

Spoiler for bk 2: Read ahead, apparently the author's trying to set up Kastor with Stiaan? That is exponentially, infinitely NOT okay. What the fuck, author? Seriously?

I don't want to read on. I'm feeling bitter and resentful. I'm going to have the worst book hangover from this and now I need fanfiction that completely rewrites canon.

And Kastor needs to mourn more, goddamn it.

I mean, the universe was pretty awesome, actually, and the plot was an actual plot and stuff (wasn't perfect, but hey, for free fic, it was actually really damn good), but all that pales in the face of the major character death and apparently what's coming up in bk 2 and my resulting utmost resentment towards the author. I mean, was this even a matter of saving the world? Why can't we just let the world burn? Ah, except we couldn't have, because that's OOC for these characters, and if they'd done that, we'd probably have grown to resent them. Fuckity fuck fuck. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

No, I don't care. I hate you, author. I hate, hate, hate you. I think I need to go read some pulpy, purpley romance and eat some cheesecake brownies and try to not metaphorically cry myself to sleep rocking in a corner.