Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

Second Sight - Sean Michael The blurb annoys me a bit. Don't tell me what to think. If I find it moving and emotional, then I'll find it moving and emotional.

The cover's odd. It looks like a modern rendition of a Heian period portrait.

The story itself...it's completely different from any of Michael's work that I've read before. It's almost abstract in its execution; there seem to be breaks in continuity which sometimes make it feel alinear.

I think part of it is that it's more along the lines of "typical" M/M, for whatever reason.

The thing with Marge was weird.
The thing with Mama was weird.

It was like the author was trying to create a "them against the world" situation, except it was so biased against everyone else that I ended up feeling sorry for everyone else and not the MCs for all the world has put them through.
At the same time, I didn't quite like Marge and Mama Cervantes.

So, there was angst, and then skirted over angst, and then sweetness and floofiness and lightness.

And it's so slice of life that I kept waiting for something to happen. It just felt like it went on and on and on and oh, god, on.

Still, all in all, it wasn't bad.