Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4) - Josh Lanyon It always amazes me how wonderfully put together these books are. The romance and the mystery are - if not perfectly, then at least wonderfully - balanced. The characterization is always amazing.This book...I don't know...Adrien is certainly more jaded, more bitter, but it worked. I think I still entertained the hope that he and Jake would get together again, so I never really did like Guy.The sisters were...weird. I still have no idea how old Emma really is, but I get the strange feeling that she's about 10 or something. ("Look at me, Adrien!" when she was riding the horse...)I don't know about then ending either. It seemed a little...to easy? I mean, Jake quits the force, comes out, is getting a divorce, etc. There doesn't seem to be any fallout, but maybe that's coming later?This entire book has been...weird for me, I guess. Actually, I think at one point I forgot that either this is an m/m romance or that Adrien was a guy, cuz when he and Jake were having their "goodbye sex," the entire thing just seemed weird to me...oddly wrong. I think I actually did think, "Oh, yeah; Adrien's a dude" at one point.... *shrugs. I don't know...