Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

Carved from Gold - Mike Shade This book actually felt like it was part of a series merely because there seemed to be so much unanswered. I get glimpses and feelings that there is perhaps a unique and entire world the author created that would have been fascinating if I could have found out more about it. I just remember a couple of times I felt so out of the loop that I had a hard time figuring out what was going on. It's kind of like talking to that friend of yours who really, really loves to gossip, but likes even more the whole "I know something you don't know" superiority, so (s)he tells you just enough to get you intrigued, but not quite enough for you to get a whole picture of what the heck is going on.I guess that would mean that this lacks development? I mean, I know I've often complained that books sound too much like info-dump in the revealing and development of the world the author created, but this one overcompensated and instead of awkward info dumps or flat descriptions, I feel like a lot was left out. It made for a pretty disorienting reading experience, actually.