Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

In the Flesh - Ethan Stone "One finger, then two. More spit, two fingers, three fingers."This. Omg this. This reminded me of this:(Lots of lube! One, two, three fingers, go!)From Lenore's review of [b:Lover at Last|13570854|Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)|J.R. Ward|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339084717s/13570854.jpg|19151084] (it's under the spoiler tag after "Here, I would like to say a few things about the m/m parts in this book.")And it's got one of those. Those straight guys who realize they have a gay friend and tentatively ask if the gay friend would have gone for them, then gotten totally offended when he said no.'kay, obligatory scathing comments aside, this is actually quite intelligently written.It's quite clear that Cris has some major issues going on, but it's subtle. It's interwoven. It's obvious in the "I should have seen it coming sort of way" (but we do because we're essentially inside Cris' head).And for some reason, it was surprising when I realized Colby's black. There was a line...Ah, here it is:“Exactly. I also get crap because of my race. Other black people say I‟ve turned into a white man just because I‟m a professional.”I don't know what I was picturing, but given my propensity for not really having a mental picture of characters, it probably was just a list of vague characteristics floating around.It's good. Quite good. I actually got into the plot, which is unusual for an m/m murder mystery type book.It gets a bit benign towards the end, but it's still sweet.And unlike with [b:Melusine|492069|Melusine (Doctrine of Labyrinths, #1)|Sarah Monette|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1309197189s/492069.jpg|2484] (and series), there's still a lot of promised angst in the foreseeable future ^^For some reason, I feel like the whole Pryor thing is going to come back and bite them in the ass one day...