Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

A Dangerous Man - Anne Brooke OH MY GOODNESS. This one definitely falls under the "uncomfortable truths" category. What I love about this is Brooke doesn't skirt over the dark sides at all, yet it's not what this book is all about. It's there, mixed with the good, yet somehow the good is overshadowed by the darkness. And oblique though the references to Michael's past are, I get enough glimpses that I can tell why he does what he does. And because it's so ambiguous, it evokes the dark parts of our own lives that we may seek to deny, brings them to the forefront of our minds and confronts us with them. I'm torn between sympathizing with Michael and hating him, but because I see so much of myself in him. Or rather, the potential in myself to end up like him. Wow. Just...wow.And the ending...I don't even know what to say. I feel like I'm babbling my way through the shell-shock. Oh, my God. I...I think I really wanted this to end happily, you know? For there to be some kind of redemptive whatever...I feel like this is something I really want to forget, but shouldn't forget, but I'm not entirely sure if I can handle it and so I should forget...(Pauses. Takes deep breaths.)This is definitely not for the faint of heart, as cliched as that statement is. And definitely not for those who want a quick, light read with an HEA.