Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

The Crimson Cat - A.J. Llewellyn, D.J. Manly Weird turns of phrasing, Tomi "said quickly"'ing, misused homophones...The thing about the Mother...that's interesting because I'm Asian myself and often feel held up to that double standard. How was it that one thing put it...? Ah. The delicate lotus flower and the fierce dragon lady. Both are standards Asian women are traditionally held to and need to fill. Except I feel like in this story, they're just stereotypes. And...I dunno. This just keeps rubbing me the wrong way, as the idiom goes. I keep trying to keep reading, but it just keeps grating at me and it's fucking unpleasant.Eh. I couldn't get into it at all. And it's very pedantic. It's got thinly veiled politic messages that in the end, the truth will out and the gayness of it all will have them gagging on the eleganza.It tried to be serious but it just came off as farce for me.