Ayanna

Reader's Discretion Advised

...this confuses me. So...it's like tumblr...for books?

When You Were Pixels (Syntax #0.1)

When You Were Pixels (Syntax #0.1) - Julio-Alexi Genao I'm very interested to see how the final final version turned out.in the endYeah. I liked it. I'm going to have to reread it in a couple of days and see if my brain can process it as a book to read and not to edit.Julio's comma usage kind of threw me off at first, but I figured out what happens is he sometimes would punctuate the narration as if it were free verse. It creates quite a cool effect, even if it does get a little exhausting to read at times. The story was actually quite good. It was weird for me because he's usually so...inane.It's deceptively simple, but it's actually inimitably complex. It's got quite a lot of hidden depths and oddly profound moments.I quite like his style. And yes, as much as it pains me to say (it'll ruin my reputation to be nice to him in public), his work gives me teh feelz.And since he likes gifs so much, I come bearing a gif.I totally didn't notice the MC's name was Antho and not Anthro until literally the last reading I did with him. I find the name actually quite weird, but that's just a personal prejudice against certain sound combinations. @Author: I'm glad you trusted me enough to give me the chance to beta. It's been a...singular *cough, cough* experience.I actually feel really emotionally invested in this. It feels like my godchild or something.And now we're letting it off into the big, bad world...I hope it does okay out there.~*~I'm going to need to reread this in a couple of weeks (or months, depending on how my schedule works out) and then I'll post an "actual" review then.